The Rhode Island Division of Taxation this morning posted an Advisory for Tax Professionals about the start of filing season. Among the highlights:
- The Division has officially begun accepting and processing personal income tax returns.
- The Division officially begins accepting and processing e-filed business returns at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time today.
- Fighting tax refund fraud.
- How to contact the Division of Taxation.
- How to obtain forms and instructions.
- How to find a tax preparer.
- Free local tax assistance.
- “Free File” programs online.
- List of approved software programs for preparers, updated this morning.
- Information on Forms 1099-G, 1099-INT.
To view a copy, click here.